Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
This is a fantastic opportunity at a company based in Bedfordshire, who are specialists in the design and manufacture of machinery for the food industry.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer with at least 5 years’ experience in the design of special purpose machinery. You will be working within a multi-disciplinary team including other Mechanical Designers, Electrical and Software Engineers. You will be designing and developing machines within our standard range, as well as the many bespoke applications we provide. These include robotic systems, slicing machinery, and pick and place solutions.
You will be responsible for:
- Produce conceptual designs from functional specifications
- Designing machinery assemblies and sub-assemblies using SolidWorks, updating BOM’s and issuing drawings to suppliers
- Performing design calculations
- Liaising with suppliers in the specification of components
- Writing technical documentation and user manuals
- Working with our sales team and liaising with external customers
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD packages (Ideally SolidWorks)
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Knowledge of machinery standards, CE marking would be an advantage
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Non-contributory company pension of 8% of salary
- Location – MK44 1NP. Due to the nature of the role travel throughout the UK and EU/worldwide will be required.
For more information or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org